Newly renovated double-decker bus.
The bus was inaugurated by Smt. Mamata Banerjee,Hon'ble Chief Minister, Govt. of West Bengal on 27/01/2016.
at a Glance
History : Calcutta State Transport Corporation (CSTC) was
constituted in terms of the Notification No. 3929-WT, dated 10 June 1960 of
Home (Transport) Department of the Government of West Bengal, under the Road
Transport Corporation Act 1950 (LXIV of 1950). The establishment of CSTC came
into effect from 15 June 1960 and it was entrusted with the development of road
transport in the areas comprising Calcutta and the districts of 24 Parganas,
Howrah and Hooghly. The journey actually began on 31 July 1948 under
the Transport Directorate when the State Government decided to operate directly
State Buses, both in the city and in some parts of the State to connect them
with the city. With a modest strength of 25 petrol driven single decker buses
the State Transport Services started operating in 6 city routes. The first garage
at Hastings on Strand Road was set up for the operation. New Depots came up
after formal constitution of CSTC at Belghoria (1950), Lake (1951), Howrah (1956)
and so on. Read More ....